Thursday, June 18, 2009

If I was queen.



Love paints the sunset
my heart is drawn to fields that 
we run through and just let 
heaven do the talking.

The dark shade of blue fades into the sky
the mystery gazes into our eyes.
Spread out under telephone wires
watching distant burning fire.

The stars, they hung there all wild,
like beautiful sounding music, from the telephone wires.
I looked up and thought
 'wouldn't it be neat if we could play the stars"?
In the dark, I thought,
'I bet that'd sound amazing, if I could sing the stars."

I don't know what their song might be,
But I will sing.

We belong,
We belong,
We are strong and burning brighter.

Don't give into defeat,
You have your own kind of beauty,
Live like you were queen,

Sing your heart,
Play the stars,
They reveal who you are,
Who you are, you belong.

No comments:

Post a Comment